Current law school students participate in our established intern and extern programs throughout the year. Internships are conducted each summer, while the externships are offered to participating law schools during the school year for academic credit. Although the programs are offered at different times of the year, they are substantially similar.
Interns and externs can expect an enriching learning experience that includes:
- Participating in a new attorney training program, which consists of lectures and workshops covering a variety of topics, including new application drafting, claim drafting strategies, and examination strategies;
- Attending and participating in our weekly Wednesday lunch meetings in which we discuss all patent-related Federal Circuit cases;
- Receiving on-the-job training where each intern and extern is assigned a mentor who reviews their work;
- Preparing comments and responses to Office Actions; and
- Conducting interviews with Examiners at the USPTO.
Oliff PLC has senior attorneys and members who began as an intern or extern at the firm.